JennaP recently did a post on Think Like A Writer. In the spirit of a blog series, I’m going to continue that discussion and publicly share my goals for 2014. I invite you to publicly share your goals for the year in comments *gives the ole stink eye* so we can hold each others feet to the fire. Plus, I think posting my goals will make an honest woman out of me…
A lot changed for me and my writing last year. I’ll always consider 2013 a year of challenges and self discovery. It was a lot of work and hankie wringing, but I’m over it and moving forward. I’m going to list my writer goals here, in no particular order, and include the action plan for how I’ll reach that goal. I’ll revisit this at the end of the year to see if I was realistic in my view or outta my gourd.
1. Promote the Heckyll Jeckyll & Hyde out of co-authored release. Join NYE Kiss party, Blog tour, host chat on GR, guest appearances, etc. etc.
2. Finish latest co-authored WIP & submit it to editor. We’re at around 20k now and our tales usually top out at around 60/65k. Beginning in the spring, I’ll write 5k a week on it.
3. Finish contemporary WIP. I’ve got about 55k now that I’ve chopped parts out, leaving about 25k to tell the story properly. Beginning Feb. 1st, I will committ all writer energies to this and write my patootie off all month. My very own FebuNoWriMo!!!
4. Query/Submit contemporary. This action is pretty self explanatory.
5. Attend Moonlight & Magnolias. Same.
6. Teach workshop at two writer meetings. Same.
7. Begin new contemporary romance and get near the half way point.
8. Get back into my smallest of jeans. I will do this by continuing with my twice a week kickboxing and add once a week weight training. Along with that I’ve gotten back on the #wkendrulez of no wine during the week. I’m adding no junk during the week either. Sweets, fried foods, starchy fillers of empty calories… I can have a treat or two on the weekends, other than that I’m going to be a Good Girl.
Okay, maybe not. But I will be a Bad Girl who eats better.
I think that’s enough for now. I’d rather surprise myself with extra accomplishments than disappoint myself w/ lack luster performance. 😀
What about you? What are your goals for 2014? What do you look forward to the most?
Write on bbs,