When I’m not squeezing lemons for never ending glasses of Cajun lemonade (i.e. the Master Cleanse I was nuts enough to embark upon), I’m furiously drafting my newest project, which I’m totally digging. I’m thrilled with the progress and feeling really upbeat—or, call it detox-loopy, if you want to be all cynical about it. Add to this the knowledge that my fellow Bad Girlz are kicking ass and taking names left and right, I thought it would be a great time to present to you a little listicle…..
Ten Awesome Reasons to Become a Published Author (in no particular order ‘cause that’s how I roll)
- Getting that deal means I could finally sell the true book of my heart: the one I wrote in high school with Depeche Mode as the main characters.
2. My students never read anything I assign. Maybe they’d read a book with sex in it?
4. If I’m antisocial to my neighbors, they’d think it was artistic temperament rather than plain rudeness.
5. The plaque in my town square: “Home of Sydney Carroll.”
6. The satin-upholstered office/boudoir that all romance authors get to use as their work space…..
7. I could put all of those book covers I doodled in work meetings to good use. I’m sure my publisher would love the input.
8. I could do any damn thing I wanted and call it research.
9. The police would ask me to come help solve murders!
“Wait a minute,” you say. “Where’s the tenth reason? I thought I was going to learn something!” Well, dear readers, that’s where you come in! What would you add to my list?
As always, happy writing!